Michigan’s version of the award-winning Stanford Chronic Disease Self-management Program.
Diabetes PATH (Personal Action Toward Health) is designed to provide skills and tools to help people living with type 2 diabetes and their support system live a healthier life. It is a fun, interactive, six-week workshop led by certified leaders.
In this workshop, you can:
- Manage every day activities by making an action plan
- Avoid Complications
- Learn to balance your blood sugar
- Improve communication skills with your family and your health care provider
- Understand the importance of monitoring your blood sugar
- Manage symptoms and decrease stress
- Improve your overall health and increase your energy!
Up-Coming Classes & Locations:
Imlay City Senior Center
395 E. Third St.
Imlay City, MI
Wednesdays at 12:30pm -3:00pm
March 11th, 18th, 25th April 1st, 8th, 15th
To register call Imlay City Senior Center at (810) 724-6030
Workshops are free, led by qualified leaders, and a snack is provided at each session. Paid for funds by the Valley Area Agency on Aging and Aging and Adult Services Agency. For more information, call Abbie Mars, Health & Wellness Program Manager, VAAA at (810) 600-0633.