MMAP is a free service to help you make health benefit decisions– see videos!What is MMAP?
MMAP is Michigan’s State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP), and Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP).
MMAP works with the Area Agencies on Aging to provide objective health benefits information and counseling and is supported by a statewide network of unpaid and paid skilled professionals.
Medicare and Medicaid provide health care for older adults and people with disabilities.
- Unbiased Counselors
- Locations across Michigan
- Free health benefits counseling assistance
MMAP Counselors are certified and have been trained in health care benefits counseling. This includes Medicare, Medicaid, and other health products. MMAP Counselors are not connected with any insurance company and are not licensed to sell insurance.
How Can MMAP Help?
An MMAP Counselor Helps You:
- Understanding new health care options
- Understand Medicare and Medicaid
- Compare or enroll in Medicare Prescription drug coverage
- Review your Medicare supplemental insurance needs
- Understand Medicare health plans
- Apply for Medicaid or a Medicare Savings Program
- Identify and report Medicare and Medicaid fraud/abuse, or scams
- Explore long-term care insurance options
Are Speakers Available?
Guest speakers can cover many topics:
- Supplemental insurance
- Prescription drug coverage
- Long-term care insurance
- Medicare Health Plans
- Medicare/Medicaid fraud and abuse
- New Medicare issues
- New healthcare options